What should you do if you get spam in your Inbox? The best thing to do is report it to Microsoft so that the filters can be improved. To do this you will need to install the Microsoft Junk E-mail Reporting Add-in for Microsoft Office Outlook which you can download from here.
Here are the steps to install the Add-in
- Close Microsoft Outlook
- Download the installer file from the link above
- Double-click the .msi file that you just downloaded
- On the Welcome screen, click Next.
- Review the license agreement, click I accept the terms in the License Agreement if you agree to the terms of installation.
- Click Next.
- When the wizard is complete, click Close.
- Start Microsoft Office Outlook.
- To confirm that the installation was successful, look for the Report Junk option under Junk on the Outlook ribbon.
There are three ways you can report messages;
1. From the Ribbon
2. Right click on the email
3. From an open message
The message will be sent to Microsoft for analysis and moved to the Junk Email folder. To confirm the submission, open your Sent Items folder to view the submitted message.